CLASS OF 1983 Code Name: DESTRO

Marvel Comics first introduced DESTRO in issue #11 as this mysterious "second in command" type figure (doppelganger to Hawk) of the Cobra Legion. I really liked how Hasbro and Marvel expanded his character to have his own army of Iron Grenadiers. For me, Destro was kind of like the Boba Fett of G.I. Joe with his wrist gauntlets and mysterious past.
I really liked the updated version of Destro in the Resolute cartoon. I wanted to make a custom similar to this action figure that could actually utilize its articulation. So, this custom is some Dremel work and kit-bashing from G.I. Joe, Star Wars and Indiana Jones figures.



Due to a SNAFU with the blog, some of the original pictures were lost and had to be copied from another site, which explains the smaller sizes. I've tried to enlarge and brighten the pictures from some of my original blog posts.



Comments

Popular Posts