CLASS OF 1983 Code Name: GUNG-HO

For the longest time, GUNG-HO was my favorite G.I. Joe member! I love the way he was introduced in Marvel G.I. Joe Issue #11 as this tough Cajun, who just runs out in the Arctic in a vest and clobbers Cobras with the butt of his gun!

The 50th version of Gung-Ho is just about a perfect, modern replica of the '83 ARAH action figure. For this custom, I simply gave the figure a wash in dark green to tone down the bright blue. I also swapped out his 8-point Marine cover with one from Avac's Lab. Coby's 8-point cover is a little bigger and it has the Marine logo on the front. I also customized an '83 ARAH Gung-Ho backpack to fit modern figure.

I am currently working a different custom Gung-Ho using the Spec Ops MTF legs.



Due to a SNAFU with the blog, some of the original pictures were lost and had to be copied from another site, which explains the smaller sizes. I've tried to enlarge and brighten the pictures from some of my original blog posts.



Comments

Popular Posts