Oktober Guard AAT-80 (Amphibious Armored Transport)

Ever since seeing this image in Marvel G. I. Joe Yearbook 2


I have hoped to have a toy of the Oktober Guard Armored Transport and 6-wheeled scout vehicle. When I first saw the World Peacekeeper's Infantry Fighting Vehicle, I knew that I had found a good candidate for this Oktober Guard Armored Transport. Now, the World Peacekeeper IFV is a six-wheeled vehicle, whereas the vehicle depicted in Yearbook 2 is based on the eight-wheeled Russian BTR-80 Armored Transport. However, this World Peacekeeper vehicle is more to 1:18th scale than the cheaper Russian BTR-80 toy available on eBay.



I tried to make the World Peacekeeper IFV look as close to the vehicle in Yearbook 2 as possible. I Dremelled off the autocannon leaving the swivel base in place. I, then, glued the gun turret from a Cobra Rage to the swivel base. I made a silicone mold of the double-barrel cannon and then poured a resin cast. I flipped the resin case and glued it to the underside of the Rage double-barrel to create the 20mm Quad AA Mount cannon as Schrage mentions in Yearbook 2. I then added the missile launcher from the Ice Dagger and other fodder to the cannon turret including a searchlight from the ROC Mobile Pit.

For the cockpit (so to speak) of the vehicle, I Dremelled out the two drivers' hatches to create a semi-circle "command station" with a searchlight and anti-infantry cannon. I gave the vehicle a weathered paint job to make it look like it has seen some action (and mud!) on the battlefield. The stickers are a mix of customs water slides, Rattler Repros Oktober Guard set, and ROC Mobile Pit stickers.


Comments

Popular Posts