Oktober Guard Code Name: BIG BEAR

The final member of my Oktober Guard team is a character first introduced as an action figure (1992), but later appeared in the comic books and cartoons, Big Bear! Interestingly, "Big Bear" was originally Horror Show's "Pravda Patrol's" name.



I like the looks of the FSS Club Big Bear, so I wanted to incorporate some of that look into my custom. The head is a Big Bear flesh-tone resin cast from Vortious Customs. I painted the fur hat, eyes and hair. The big collar and vest accessories are also from Vortious Customs "winter coat" cast in a green flex resin. I trimmed the front pockets off and glued them, the back accessories, and the fur collar to an MTF 86 vest. The vest is still removable, so I can have Big Bear in a less wintery looking outfit. The base figure for this custom is an MTF Field-Ops build with cloth lower legs & boots.

I left the armored forearms, as is since I thought they fit well with him firing the big rocket launcher. The rocket launcher is from Firefly v.20, which is the same as the FSS Club figure just in a different color.

Comments

Popular Posts