Oktober Guard Code Name: DRAGONSKY

Marvel G. I. Joe Yearbook #2 introduced a new team member to the Oktober Guard, Dragonsky!


To me, Dragonsky's helmet had that kind of Top Gun MIG Pilot look to it. The comic depicts Dragonsky with a flamethrower that looks similar to a Russian LPO-50, which Dragonsky affectionately calls a "Zhukov Zippo."





I used the purple MTF Engineer-Ops as the base for this custom along with accessories similar to the FSS Club exclusive. I also added the chest box from Airtight v.3 to cover the bottom holes in the MTF chest plate. Even though the FSS Club figure has a dark purple helmet, I really think the character was supposed to be portrayed with a black helmet (chest plate, knee pads, & boots) with the dark purple color to fill in the detailed highlights (similar to how DC used blue to highlight Superman's black hair).

I trimmed down an MTF balaclava head and glued the Firefly v.19 helmet to it. I didn't want to worry about either the balaclava head or the bald MMA(?) head warping the helmet. Slight variation in this character's uniform "uniformity." Instead of a boot knife, I opted for a pistol holster. I don't think that the flamethrower would be practical in every situation and Dragonsky may need a weapon with a longer firing range. The flamethrower and backpack are from the Dragonsky v.2 comic pack.


Comments

Popular Posts