Oktober Guard Code Name: VORONA

Next up is the only female member of the Oktober Guard team, Vorona. Again, I know what some of you might already be thinking, "Isn't 'Vorona' her G. I. Joe code name and 'Daina' her Oktober Guard name?" Well, Yes, but in my Joeverse, I am blending various aspects of the characters together and I want each character to have a unique code name and not be known simply by their filename.


I have also added the aliases, Sachi and Volga. "Sachi" was the character's original name when the Oktober Guard was going to be called the "Pravda Patrol," while "Volga" was the name of the character's first action figure.


This custom is a simple MTF build using the Valkyrie Spec-Ops body and accessories. I want a type of uniformity with my Oktober Guard customs. So, most characters will have a side holster, side ammo pack, boot pocket, and boot knife.

The head sculpt is a Daina flesh-tone resin cast from Vortious Customs. I painted the eyes, lips, and hair. I really love this head sculpt and was so glad to get a flesh-tone resin cast. The web gear is from Snake Eyes v.56, which uses the same gear as the exclusive Daina figure but in grey. I also have the MTF high-collar vest and utility vest in Spec-Ops colors. The "tankers cap" is from a Star Wars Tycho Celchu action figure, which is where the exclusive Daina figure borrowed from.



I also include here a variant look, which more resembles the color scheme and look from Marvel Issues #6 & 7 (except there Daina wore a camo top and solid pants). The fur hat is actually a Big Bear resin cast from Vortious Customs where I Dremelled out the hat to fit onto the head. This is not the same head used on the first custom. It is another Daina resin cast from Vortious Customs, but for this one, I painted the hair a slightly darker color. The fur hat is not glued on, but you have to heat it up to make it more pliable to remove. So, I just leave it on.


Comments

Popular Posts