Oktober Guard: HIND-A (XMi-24A)

In Marvel's G. I. Joe ARAH Yearbook #2, the Oktober Guard possessed some pretty impressive air power. One of which was the classic Russian Mi-24 Hind-A with Horror Show ridiculously crouched in the front seat. I found that the G. I. Joe "Night Attack Copter" had a unique enough design to pass as a variation of the Hind-A.



I found a 50th Eaglehawk on clearance and cannibalized parts from it for this and my BBi Hind-E custom. I took the Night Attack Copter apart and painted the interior a light green to mimic the Mi-24. Using some fancy Dremel skills, I attached the rotor from the Eaglehawk to the Night Attack Copter.


I also customized the Eaglehawk front machine gun cannon to fit the Night Attack Copter. The cannon still raises and lowers and swivels from side to side. I also removed the original landing wheels to make room for the Eaglehawk landing wheels to give the Copter a bit of height to compensate for the new gun. All electronics were removed. However, both the spring-loaded wings and rope/winch still work. I weathered the entire ship and applied custom Rattler Repro Oktober Guard stickers and some of the Night Attack Copter stickers.


The inside is extremely cramped for 4" MTF figures, but you can make them work. I am sure the older 3-3/4" worked a whole lot better.


For the blueprint, I used images from the ARAH Tomahawk and Night Attack Copter and Photoshopped them together.

Comments

Popular Posts