CLASS OF 1984 Code Name: RECONDO MTF

Recently, Marauder Gun Runners released their geared up "Jungle-Recon" figure. I have plenty of WWII Kickstarter figures that I really did not know how I would use them in my "Joeverse," but the Marauder's "Jungle-Recon" figure gave me the perfect inspiration.


Looking at the Marauder's "Jungle-Recon" figure, I knew there were some changes I would make for my MTF Recondo.


Instead of the Desert-Ops legs, like the Marauder's version, I opted for the WWII Marine camo pants. I like the bagginess of the pants. Likewise, instead of using the roll-sleeve forearms, I opted for Contractor-Ops arms and molded the rolled sleeves from Sculpey. I sculpted the mustache from brown Sculpey because I did not want to have to deal with painting the mustache.

I customized the web gear from the WWII British Trooper and a SW General Lando shoulder holster. I added a couple of pouches to the back/side of the belt. One big thing that I do not like about the MTF "Jungle-Recon" figure is the black bayonet. I think the Contractor-Ops machete is a way better choice. However, I did not want to attach it to the leg. So, I made an attachment using a black WWII German belt. I painted the web gear and hair Vallejo leather brown. The rifle and pistol are from G.I. Joe figures.

I also wanted the backpack to resemble ARAH Recondo using only MTF parts. So, I customized the backpack from a WWII US Army/Marine backpack as the base. I trimmed some of the top pocket for the German Panzer nap sack to fit better, then added the side pockets and glued a canteen in place.


Pictures without the hat and backpack. Some on Facebook say that the head sculpt with the mustache looks like Kurt Russell in Tombstone.

Comments

Popular Posts