CLASS of 1985 Code Name: LADY JAYE

Next up is my favorite G.I. Joe femme -- Lady Jaye! As with Flint, I think it has a lot to do with how she was revealed in the cartoon (Revenge of Cobra) before ever released as an action figure or revealed in the comics. Plus, the cartoon portrayed her in more of a leadership role and she actually looked like she belonged in the Army.



I think Hasbro's Lady Jaye v. 11 is the closest, modern representation of the vintage, ARAH Lady Jaye to date. So, I used this figure as the base for my custom Lady Jaye simply adding a few tweaks to the body.

I wanted a head sculpt with a removable hat, and I think that the MTF "Athena" head is Marauder's version of Lady Jaye. Their Recon-Ops Valkyrie with white, t-shirt torso certainly mimics Renegades Lady Jaye. I trimmed the back of the hair a bit to compensate for the raised collar. I painted the hair and web gear with Vallejo leather brown (a tip I got from Hisshissfangfang's custom). I cut the original forearms off just under the rolled cuffs, Dremelled out sockets and glued in the arms from an MTF Valkyrie t-shirt torso. I also wanted a working knife sheath and gun holster on the boots. I used the knife sheath from Snake Eyes v. 54 because the knife and handle are slightly smaller than the MTF knives. I did not want the knife to stick up past her knees. I Dremelled some material away on each boot and glued the knife sheath and holster in place.


I also created a version of Lady Jaye based upon Wry1's amazing artwork on Deviant Art.


For the head, I used a resin case head sculpt from Angel Forge and Dremelled out the face. Then I Dremelled the hair away from a Star Wars Hoth Princess Leia and glued the pieces together. I had to Dremel away most of the collar to compensate for the hair.

The upper body is a custom made from the chest of the DVD Lady Jaye and stomach of a Range-Ops Valkyrie. So the torso can fit other Valkyrie waist/legs. I did the same trick to the arms using Valkyrie t-shirt torso arms. I even shortened the figure a bit by cutting the thighs off just under the thigh straps, removing some plastic from the lower thigh section and then gluing the pieces back together. The shortness is subtle and in hindsight, I am not sure it was worth the effort.

The webgear is from Lady Jaye v. 11 with the back knife sheath from Flint v. 21 and some MTF ammo pouches glued to the front. Did a little touch up paint and weathering to the webgear.



Comments

Popular Posts