CLASS of 1984 Code Name: ROADBLOCK "Retro"

Here is my finished custom of the new "Retro" Roadblock aka "Retroblock." Hisstank members Hisshissfangfang and 46 Zone's customs served as inspiration for the parts build for this custom.



The upper body and arms are from the new "Retro" Roadblock figure. The head is a custom resin cast of the FSS Tiger Force Roadblock head. I hate painting eyes, and these seemed even more difficult with the sculpt. I am happy with how they turned out though. I used a Micron pen to paint in the pupil. Huge shout out and thanks to 46 Zone for suggesting using Tamiya Hull Red to match the chest's skin tone. 

For the hands, I cut off the cuffs of the Retroblock gloves and Dremelled a hole through them. Then inserted the hands from Retaliation Roadblock v23 through the sliced cuffes into the fore arms.


I followed Hisshissfangfang's custom and used Retalation Roadblock v23 thighs and knees with 50th Gung-Ho calves/boots. I removed those big holsters and the boot knife. I decided to keep the knee pads green to match the other green on the figure and because I hate painting joints. The pants were painted using Vallejo Parasite Brown (orange) and Citadel Waaagh! Flesh (green). I added an MTF holster, ammo pouch, and trench knife. All the painted pieces were sprayed with Testor's Dull Coat.

I made the web gear from a Rock-Viper web gear and a 50th Gung-Ho ammo backpack. I added a couple of MTF pouches and a grenade from a Snake Eyes bandolier to look more like ARAH Roadblock's gear. These were the best parts I had laying around and will be swapped out later with an MTF web gear and custom backpack. I'm really thinking of customizing the smaller ammo backpack from Iron Grenadier v8 to hold a tripod similar to the ARAH Roadblock backpack.





Comments

Popular Posts