WIP "Retro" Roadblock

 Been a while since my last update. Graduate school is kicking my butt! Anyway, with the release of the new Walmart-exclusive "retro" figures, I knew that Roadblock was a custom that I wanted to tackle. I have seen some great customs on the Hiss Tank forums, particularly hisshissfangfang's custom Roadblock.

This is just a WIP using the "Retroblock" upper body, Retaliation "Rockblock" thighs & knees, 50th Gung-Ho calves/boots, and a painted custom resin-cast Tiger Force Roadblock head sculpt. The painted head sculpt looks way better in person. I hate painting eyes, and these were a particular pain since the eye sockets are kind of sunken into the sculpt. I may end up painting a Resolute Roadblock head sculpt to better match the skin tone of "Retroblock." Lastly, I think the flash on my phone washed out the colors on the pants a bit. I still have some more custom work to do and will definitely post better pictures once this figure is completed.



Comments

Popular Posts