Code Name: SAW-VIPER

This update to my custom "Blue Shirt Legion" Project is a very simple parts swap. I think a project like this better compares to original O13 "green shirt" Joes and how the characters' uniforms only varied slightly based upon their Primary MOS. Since the Saw-Viper serves as the "anti-Rock-n-Roll," I wanted him to have the ammo bandolier like the ARAH Rock-n-Roll figure.



I apologize for the brightness and saturation of the second picture, but given the dark blue plastic of the original Shocktrooper figure, this was the best I could do to show the slight change to the knee pads.

Speaking of the knee pads, the only reason for the change in knee pads is because I had swapped them with the 50th 3pk (Wolf Pack) Outback figure for my Resolute Gung-Ho custom. I thought the smaller knee pads still looked good on the Shocktrooper figure and looked similar to the ARAH Cobra knees.

I glued the MTF ammo bandolier to the shoulder and chest. I like how the Shocktrooper has the small Cobra logo on the left side of the chest so that even with the bandolier you can still see the Cobra logo. The bandolier is flexible enough that it doesn't hinder the arm articulation.

Interestingly, there is actually a Cobra Machine Gunner, with an M60, in the Marvel animated commercial #19.

Comments

Popular Posts