CLASS of 1983 RAM Rapid Fire Motorcycle

The RAM was the first G.I. Joe vehicle I ever owned. Whereas I think Hasbro intended the ARAH RAM to be more of a front line, battlefield vehicle, I see the RAM more as an infiltration vehicle with minor anti-personnel weaponry, very similar to the MASS Device scene with Stalker infiltrating the Army base. I think Firefly's motorcycle in the Retaliation movie was a nice Ram-like motorcycle update.


I acquired a couple of die 1:18 scale Die Cast Kawasaki Ninja motorcycles in a parts lot. The weapons for this are resin casts of War Machine's mini-gun and grenade launcher I purchased from Vortious Customs. I simply glued the parts to the motorcycle fairing, and then glued an MTF ammo drum under the mini-gun.



I figure in real life, the grenade launcher would either need to be at a fixed angle or have the ability to pivot. So, even though it is simply glued to the fairing, I indicate on the blueprint that it can pivot up to 45 degrees. I could also see a motorcycle like this having a H.U.D. targeting display in the windshield screen.


Comments

Popular Posts