CLASS OF 1983 Code Name: MAJOR BLUDD

MAJOR BLUDD is one of those characters that never really fleshed out in the comics or cartoon. His file card portrays him as this awesome mercenary, but in both the comics and cartoons, he winds up being kind of a goof.
One thing that I don't think was explained very well was the fact that his right arm was protected in armor. As kids, we all assumed that his right arm was robotic. Matter of fact, it wasn't until a few years ago when I read 3.75"Joe: Creating G.I. Joe with the original designs for Major Bludd that I ever understood that his right arm simply had armor to protect him from his rocket-launcher pistol.
I used the Direct to Consumers Major Bludd head sculpt, because I think it is the best sculpt to date.


Due to a SNAFU with the blog, some of the original pictures were lost and had to be copied from another site, which explains the smaller sizes. I've tried to enlarge and brighten the pictures from some of my original blog posts.



Comments

Popular Posts