CLASS OF 1984 Code Name: CUTTER

Christmas of 1984, I scored big with the G.I. Joe Killer W.H.A.L.E. and other vehicles and action figures. To me, the Killer W.H.A.L.E. is the Millennium Falcon of the G.I. Joe forces. The thing is like a vehicle and playset wrapped into one. So as a kid, Cutter experienced plenty of play time around my house!
The original figure is pretty straight forward: light blue button-up shirt, navy blue pants, life jacket and Boston Red Sox ball cap.
I've actually had the custom head for a few years now. The head is a Star Wars Biggs Darklighter. I trimmed the top of the head down so that the Star Wars Rebel Fleet Trooper hat would fit correctly. This was before Marauders produced their ball caps. I painted the hair and mustache an orange-brown color. Painted the ball cap navy blue. Glued the ball cap to the head and then sprayed the head with some Testor's Dull Coat.
For the body, I chose the DVD version of Shipwreck. I applied some nail polish remover to the arm to remove the tattoo and Petty Officer chevrons. The "Coast Guard" stickers on the life jacket, Coast Guard emblems on the shirt sleeves, and Red Sox "B" on the hat are stickers from the Cobra Stickers (www.toyhax.com) Killer W.H.A.L.E. sticker back. Lastly, I swapped out the holster on Cutter's leg for the large MTF holster (which is my favorite holster).

Comments

Popular Posts