Code Name: SAND-VIPER

Here is another one of my "blue shirt" style Cobra customs. As mentioned on other customs, I like the "Viper" moniker, but prefer the "blue shirt" style uniform. So, I'll borrow existing "Viper" code names and customize a "blue shirt" to fit that particular MOS or Specialty.


This was a fairly easy parts-swap custom. The upper body is a Retaliation Mouse figure with legs from the Dojo 3-pk Beach Head. The tan colors match perfectly. The Cobra emblem is a sticker. Once I position the sticker where I want it, then I'll warm up the sticker with a hair dryer to make it conform to the wrinkles and curves better. Then I seal the sticker with some spray Testor's Dull Coat.
The helmet is a custom resin cast from Hisstank member Paraviper. His eBay username is cobra1678. I painted the helmet khaki-brown to match the web gear. Gave the figure a wash in a tan color to kind of "dirty" up the figure and painted the wristbands black. The AK47 is some fodder I got in a trade. It's a nice sculpt and stiff plastic. I typically shave off the trigger guards as they hinder how the figure holds the weapons. I'm not sure what figure the hands came from, but they match the holster and ammo pocket perfectly.


Comments

Popular Posts