CLASS OF 1984 Code Name: COBRA COMMANDER (hooded)

I never had a "Hooded" Cobra Commander as a kid. I missed out on the special mail-away offer, but I wasn't too disappointed because I never liked the dark blue of the original ARAH figure.

The 50th Cobra Commander came with the alternate hooded head, but I wanted to make a custom that looked closer to the Marvel ceremonial, hooded Cobra Commander.


Cobra Commander version 34 is a pretty good version of "hooded" Cobra Commander, except for the undersized peanut head. I painted an extra 50th 2pk (red) hooded Cobra Commander head as close to matching the action figure as I could. The picture saturation makes the color look like a closer match than in real life. Had to Dremel out the head socket, and use some hot glue to fasten it to the neck post. I also swapped out the hands with some leftover DG Cobra (blue) hands for better articulation.



Finally, here is a pic of "hooded" Cobra Commander in front of my upcoming "Blue Shirt Legion" Custom Project!


Comments

Popular Posts