Code Name: MEDI-VIPER

Hasbro introduced the Medi-Vipers way after I had originally stopped collecting G.I. Joe toys. I think my son, Caleb, was playing with Joe toys by this time. The Medi-Viper is a specialty that definitely makes sense on the battlefield. I love how Hasbro added the twist that these guys were almost like "chop-shop" mad scientists who were basically patching up the wounded and sending the rest off to Dr. Mindbender for experiments. The Medi-Viper represents either the "anti-Doc" or "anti-Lifeline" (or whichever Joe medic you prefer) of the Cobra Legion.



The upper torso is from the green Night-Viper figure since it utilizes the "blue shirt" style torso. The head, medical gear, skirt piece, and knee pads all come from a DTC Medi-Viper figure. I trimmed off the ball-socket neck from the head and Dremeled it out to fit the neck post of the Night-Viper torso. I also Dremeled down the chest-piece, apron thing and knee pads from the DTC Medi-Viper figure. I carefully sliced off the chop-saw attachment and glued it to the Night-Viper right hand.

For the legs, I went with the Dollar General green Shipwreck since the thighs are similar to the POC/50th Cobra figure, and (to me) they look similar to medical scrubs pants. Instead of a holster on the right thigh, I added another pocket. I figure this guy needs all the medical supplies he can carry.

Comments

Popular Posts