CLASS OF 1982 Code Name: STEELER (Revisited) and MOBAT

After seeing Oreobuilder's cool O13 customs on Hisstank, I decided there were some of my O13 customs I wanted to revisit. One in particular is STEELER.  I was pretty happy with my custom Steeler, but just wanted to touch him up a bit to make him look a little closer to his ARAH counterpart. In particular, I wanted a custom, working shoulder holster. Plus, I figured this would be a good time to post some pictures of my custom MOBAT (Main Battle Tank): "mobat" is actually the phonetic pronunciation of "MBT."



The changes I made to my original custom include: painting the leg straps black and adding large MTF, black pockets, painting the upper arm stripes and a portion of the neck gold, and customizing a working shoulder holster. For the shoulder holster, I cut off the existing holster, trimmed down ends of the straps paper-thin, and then glued them to the back of the MTF holster.



The MOBAT is a World Peacekeeper's M1 Abrams Tank. I sprayed a midst of paint to give it a "dirty, used" look. I added repro MOBAT stickers from ToyHax, created custom "Rectangle Bracket" and "Chevron" stickers, and customized the turret machine guns. The original machine guns were tiny and bland. The Tank Commander's .50 cal is a resin cast from Dameros Dojo and the Gunner/Loader machine gun is from DTC Falcon glued to a Dameros Dojo custom mount.


The "blue prints" are based upon a real-life Abrams Tank along with some of the MOBAT schematics.

Comments

Popular Posts