CLASS OF 1984 Code Name: CLUTCH (tan)

I wanted my "tan" 1984 Clutch to match my "green" 1982/83 Clutch seeing as how the original ARAH "tan" Clutch action figure is simply a repaint of "green" Cluth. Interestingly, if you re-watch the original MASS Device mini-series you will see "tan" Clutch and "green" Clutch in different scenes where it almost seems like they mistook them as separate characters.



I used an MTF "Terra Ops" body with rolled-sleeve forearms and bearded "Trooper" head. I like the Trooper head better than 25th Clutch because it is slightly bigger, matching the size of the MTF body, and it looks a little meaner than the MTF "Ranger" head. However, I do wish the "Trooper" head was molded in flesh tone plastic like the "Ranger" head to better match the fore arms.

The vest is an MTF "86" vest with the pistol holster glued in place between the two port-holes. The strap is from a Destro v.23 shoulder holster with the gap filled in with a piece of strap from an MTF black shoulder satchel.

The helmet's color does not quite match the Terra Ops body, but I really like the "cloth cover" look to Bazooka's helmet. If and when Marauders releases a tan, Marine 8-pt cover that will fit the "Trooper" head, then that will be Clutch's headgear of choice. In my Joe-verse, Clutch is a Marine who (formally) engaged in illegal street racing when he was a kid. So, Clutch would be the kind of driver who could "drift" the VAMP into a battlefield while simultaneously operating the twin .50 cal mount machine gun.

Comments

Popular Posts