CLASS of 1984 Code Name: Recondo


This custom is sort of an homage to both Recondo v.1 and v.2 (Tiger Force). To me, the original ARAH Recondo figure looked more like a desert trooper in that tan-camo fatigues.


This is basically a "chop shop" an accessories swap out custom. Using my Dremel, I sawed the waist off the "Wolf Pack" (3pk) 50th Falcon figure and the upper body off of Retaliation Flint v.21. I then glued to two pieces together, which eliminated the extra waist articulation of Falcon's torso but still kept the upper chest articulation. The shirttail/skirt hides the seam where the parts join.

For the accessories, I used a Star Wars ROTJ General Lando Calrissian shoulder holster with a small G.I. Joe pistol (that fits quite nice), the belt/holster and revolver from Kwinn (belt is glued in place), Recondo v.7's Barret M82 rifle (which with the wrappings, I think resembles the ARAH rifle), and a vintage (Battle Pack) ARAH Recondo backpack that I gave a wash in green to kind of match the pants.


I thought it would be interesting since Recondo's birthplace is Wheaton, Wisconsin, to change up his bio to show that he was actually raised most of his life in the jungle, which explains his connection to the jungle better. I love the way Larry Hama portrayed Recondo in Marvel issue #39 "Walk Through the Jungle."

Comments

Popular Posts