OG13 Revisited INFANTRY TROOPER: Code Name GRUNT

 It has been a slow process of photographing and uploading images of completed customs. Here is more of a work-in-progress update of my OG13 Revisited customs first previewed over a year ago.


My goal is not only update customs of the original G.I. Joe Team, but to change up my formatting on how I present my customs by creating custom cards. Of course, this is nothing new to the customizing community, but this is more my spin on the process. I plan to go back and add a standard photo of my custom Grunt and his gear to the card front photo.

In the meantime, here is a photo of my custom Grunt using the DG Shipwreck upper body, POC Snake Eyes legs painted dark green and brown, and Marauder parts and accessories. My initial goal when starting this project over a year ago was to use up the Marauder WW2 gear that I had with these customs. Since that time, Hasbro has released the Retro figures with updated web gear. So, once I find a Grunt, I will update this custom with the new Retro web gear, although slightly customized. The helmet on this custom is a vintage helmet from one of the Battle Gear sets, painted dark green to match the pants.


Custom card back with updated File Card. I do not think that I ever saw an actual card back with the yellow "Coming Soon" explosion, but apparently this was a thing on some older card backs. I do remember some greyed-out photos, but I think this yellow explosion looks cool and retro!




Comments

Popular Posts